Golden Lamb Curry is a delicious dish that’s easy to make and is packed full of flavour.
Serves 4 – 6
- 1kg boneless Quality Mark lamb
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons Korma curry paste
- 1 tablespoon grated or minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated or minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom or 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 425g can peeled tomatoes in juice
- 100g glace papaya, finely sliced (or use sultanas)
- 1 ½ cups peeled, diced pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups beef stock or water
- ½ cup plain, unsweetened yoghurt
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh chopped coriander
Cut the meat into 2cm cubes and season well with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in large frying pan and brown the meat on all sides. Set aside. Add the onion and cook over a moderate heat until soft and lightly browned.
Add the curry paste, garlic, ginger, cardamom and salt and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Add the tomatoes and juice, papaya, pumpkin and stock or water.
Cover and simmer on low heat for 1 hour, stirring often until tender. (Alternatively, cook in a casserole in a 160°C oven for 1-1 ¼ hours). Stir in the yoghurt just before serving. Do not boil.
Top with fresh coriander before serving with white rice.