Beef Recipes – Fresh Veggies, Succulent Beef & Honey…Delicious
A ‘chop it up’, ‘chuck it in’, ‘come back later’ sort of meal. Once you have mastered this recipe experiment with recipes different combinations of vegetables – onions, peppers, yams, sweet potatoes, beetroot or carrots – even greens, like beans or asparagus, taste superb. Try something new…
What you need
- 300-400g lean Quality Mark beef steak e.g fillet, rump, sirloin, or schnitzel
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 baking or roasting potatoes, unpeeled and cut into small chunks
- 12 button mushrooms, whole
- 2 peppers, deseeded and cut into chunky wedges
- 3 courgettes or 1 medium egg plant, in 1cm thick slices or slabs
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup honey or brown sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice or white vinegar
- green leaves to serve on – like rocket, watercress and baby spinach
ROAST THE VEGETABLES
Place the prepared vegetables in a baking dish. Blend the oil, honey and lemon juice together. Pour over the vegetables and mix well. Bake uncovered at 200°C for 35-45 minutes or until the potato is golden and tender. Turn over a couple of times during cooking.
COOK THE STEAK
When the vegetables are almost cooked, heat a pan and cook the steak. Slice the cooked steak into thin strips. Check out my YouTube video how to cook a steak.
Place the rocket on the serving plate. Top with the roasted vegetables and sliced steak. Pour ¼ cup boiling water into the roasting pan, stir to loosen the cooking juices. Pour over the salad.
Recipe Source: New Zealand Beef & Lamb